CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR ADMISSION INTO HIGHER DEGREES FOR THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2021/2022
Applications are hereby invited for admission into Higher Degrees at Sokoine University of Agriculture (SUA) for the academic year 2021/2022. Candidates for Master and PhD Degree programmes by Coursework and Dissertation are admitted and registered once every year for an academic year that starts in October of each year. Successful candidates will be notified immediately after consideration and approval is made by the Senate and they will be expected to embark on studies in October, 2021. Candidates for Master’s and PhD by Research and Thesis may apply and be admitted at anytime of the year. Candidates meeting the prescribed minimum qualifications are invited to apply for admission.
The following are the Master’s and PhD degree programmes tenable at the School of Agricultural Economics and Business Studies (SAEBS) in Sokoine University of Agriculture (SUA):
MASTER DEGREE PROGRAMMES BY COURSEWORK AND DISSERTATION
Hosted by School of Agricultural Economics and Business Studies
- Master of Business Administration-MBA (Agribusiness): This is an 18-month fulltime programme conducted by course work and an internship leading to examinable Research paper.
- Master of Business Administration-MBA – (Evening Programme): This is a part-time programme for a period of 24 months. Teaching times are: 5.00 pm to 9.00 pm during week days and 8.30 am to 12.30 pm on Saturdays.
- MSc. Agricultural and Applied Economics
- MSc. Agricultural Economics
MODE OF APPLICATION AND PAYMENT
Candidates can apply for admission into SUA degree programmes through:
- Online application through: http://suasis.sua.ac.tz:9092/index.php/welcome. Make sure that your passport size photograph and all relevant academic documents are attached before final submission is made. Kindly note that, to complete and submit your application, you will be required to pay Tanzanian Shillings TZS 50,000/= or US$ 20 for international students as application fee.
For Tanzanians payments should be made through;
Account Holder: SUA Internal Revenue Tz collection
Account Number: 0150379806700
Bank Name: CRDB Bank plc
For Foreigners payments should be made through;
Account Holder: SUA Internal Revenue USD collection
Account Number: 026105002248
Bank Name: NBC Bank Ltd
N.B: Be reminded to fill in a CONTROL NUMBER in banker’s TISS /SWIFT application form
DEADLINES FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline for applications are scheduled as follows:
- a) Normal application: 30th June 2021
- b) Late Application: 30th September, 2021
In all programmes, females applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
For further information, please contact:
Directorate of Postgraduate Studies, Research, Technology Transfer and Consultancy
Sokoine University of Agriculture,
P.O. Box 3151, Chuo Kikuu,
Telephone: +255 023-2640013 and Mobile: +255 734 552 259
Fax: +255 023 2640013